We hope you will appreciate from this website just how multi talented Dame Laura Knight was in her lifetime.
- She was the 1st woman to be elected a Royal Academician
- Unlike most artists focusing on mainly one subject she became well known for the Ballet, the Theatre, the Circus, Landscapes, Seascapes, Portraits and was the only woman to be given War Commisions for both World Wars.
- She was an official designated war artist at the Nuremberg Trials.
- She is the only artist to have exhibited at the Royal Academy for 67 years continuously with the exceptions of 1918 and 1922.
- She even won an Olympic medal!
- Click here to read the full bibliography.
error: Content is protected !!