Welcome To The Official Dame Laura Knight Website
The aim of this website is to promote the life and works of the United Kingdoms’ greatest and most famous female impressionist Artist – Dame Laura Knight DBE RA RWS, and also to recognise her husband Harold Knight, the famous 20th Century Portrait painter.
This site provides you with the following:
Laura Knight / Harold Knight Copyright Application Form(s).
This section is aimed towards: – Publishers, Authors, Manufacturers, Advertising and Promotion companies and others, seeking legal consent from the Artists’ Estate, to reproduce images of the artist’s paintings and drawings, for inclusion on or within:
- Books, magazines and other literature.
- Greetings, seasonal and Birthday cards, Calendars, Diaries.
- Packaging/ Boxes/ Cartons/ Record and Disc sleeves.
- Exhibition media to include Backdrops, invitation cards, Banners.
- Advertisement of/about products.
- Merchandise to include prints on plates, mugs and other ceramic items.
- Television and Films.
Note: It may be of interest – 20% of Artist reproduction fees go to Registered Artist Public Charities.
Laura Knight and Harold Knight works:
The website provides possibly the greatest selection representative of the artists’ works, aimed towards:
- Assisting Researchers, Exhibition Curators, Art students and those generally interested in the artists, and
- Those seeking ideas for works for reproduction purposes.
If anyone can complete the blank spaces or provide further details about any of the individual works, please contact us.
Laura Knight/Harold Knight Catalogue Raisonné HELP:
The artist’s great nephew – R. John Croft seeks assistance from anyone who can help in the compilation of a Catalogue of all the works of both Dame Laura Knight and also on her husband Harold Knight.
Such catalogue will be the worldwide recognised authority on the artist’s lives and works. Can you help in providing :
- Images on the works of the artists?
- Correspondence from the artists, of interest about their works or incidents in their lives?
- Photographs of the artists?
- Anything you believe would be of interest in compiling the Catalogue Raisonné?
Laura Knight/ Harold Knight Educational information:
To assist Researchers; Art Students; and those generally interested in the artists.
Bibliographical, dates of artists exhibitions and details of literature available on the artists is provided.
If anyone can add to the information provided, it would be appreciated.