There are two groupings of Dame Laura Knight DBE RA RWS works above which you can click to view:
Oil Paintings and Watercolours, held by Public Galleries/Museums and
- Drawings, etchings, aquatints, drypoints and lithographs, held by Public Galleries/Museums
These images are not a comprehensive list of the artist's works in the hands of Public Galleries and are shown as just examples.
These pages have been created with the objective of promoting interest in one of England's greatest Impressionist artists, and with the additional objectives of:
1) Assisting Students in their study of Art, in being aware of what works of the artist are available to be seen in Public Galleries and where.
2) Providing information to companies and others of what works of the artist are available for commercial reproduction from Public Galleries or their outsourced agents.
All the works may be viewed and commercial images may also be obtained from the Public Galleries which are identified by the three letter acronym under the image. The Public Gallery Works and Image Sources page identifies the Gallery acronym.
Companies and others seeking commercial reproduction of the artist's works provide income benefit to both:
- The Public Gallery and Museum, who really need extra income in today's economic circumstances- for their image and also
- The beneficiaries of The Estate of Dame Laura Knight - for artist's copyright - 20% of which goes to The Artist's General Benevolent Institution, a Public charity
(Charity no. 212667) whose objectives are to help and assist poor and distressed professional artists, their widows and children. Also to The ArtistsOrphan Fund (Charity no. 219356)
To mitigate copyright infringement, in accordance with the website image requirements of The Estate of Dame Laura Knight, all images have been overwritten with © credit, (watermarking is also acceptable by the Estate) and all images are below 500 pixels in width and height.
Companies and others seeking further images on either Dame Laura Knight or her husband Harold Knight RA, should contact The Friends of Dame Laura Knight Society who may be able to assist in advising where to obtain such images from their documentation of over 2,000 images.